Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I bet he holds his spoon improperly. . .

Still further, it is in bad taste to talk about one’s self, especially to lie about one’s self, and with the derision of the audience to play the part of the Braggart Soldier.
-Cicero




Well said, Cicero.  It does bug me that our current President seems to use the words "I", "me", "mine", and the like more than anyone I've ever listened to.  Just yesterday (speaking on the new [un]Health[y] [un]Care[ing] Law: "It's fair to say that nobody is more disappointed than me. . ."

Not everything is about you.

To be fair, I'm not sure he can do anything that would please me.  Kind of reminds me of a magnet on the fridge where I used to work: If I like you, you can pour your bowl of soup on my head and I would be just fine; if I don't like you, I can find fault with the way you hold your spoon.

And he's not the only one who talks about himself all the time.

But now I've strayed from Cicero's comment.  .  .


No comments:

Post a Comment