Monday, August 22, 2011

THE reason for teaching

Went to a family circle this evening for the school. What a great experience! All day today I was frustrated with the direction of my planning, and things were not materializing very well. This open house was just what I needed. Meeting the students and their families helped bring a lot into focus. I feel humbled by the trust of these families, and I feel a great desire to serve them as their child's teacher. So many of the children were anxious to meet their teachers, and they exuded a genuine excitement for getting back to school. Their bright eyes and eager demeanor energized me so much. As I was driving home, my planning had taken on new life, and now I am super jazzed about some new directions in which my mind is heading. If I can only get them down on paper before I forget them all.

Nothing like meeting the kids. That's the reason I do what I do. Now, if only I can squeeze five days between this Thursday and Friday. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment